We commonly refer to these homemade croutons as “Crouton Crack” in our house. You’ll understand why soon enough.
I have my Aunt Candi to thank for these beauties. She taught me how to make them a few years ago, after I raved about her own homemade croutons. She’s awesome in the kitchen, and she owned her own catering company, so… yeah, these are to-die-for. And you’ll certainly never have to send your hubby out for store-bought croutons EVER AGAIN.
Especially after you see how ridiculously easy they are!
- French Bread Loaf
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Dice the bread up into small cubes. Put them in a mixing bowl.
- Pour enough olive oil into the bowl to lightly cover the cubes.
- Season with garlic salt and Italian seasoning, to taste. Personally, I go a little heavy on the salt. Jon says he doesn’t like salt, but he never complains about these babies, and somehow half of the pan is always missing after I get these out of the oven, so… You do the math.
- Mix everything up with your hands until the cubes are well covered.
- Spread out in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Toss/flip cubes once at the five minute mark.
- Use to top salad OR just eat them for fun. Like I said, CROUTON CRACK.
(Don’t they look yummy?? THAT’S BECAUSE THEY ARE!!!)
Start making time for what matters!
Join our community and you'll learn simple, effective ways to manage your time, home, and family, so that you can stop living overwhelmed and start making time for what matters most. Get started today with our FREE guide to creating a routine that works!
You'll also receive our weekly newsletter, providing you with encouragement and resources to help you make time for what matters most.