I’ve got something new to talk with you about today. 🤓
I’ve been an online business owner for a little over 12 years now. That’s a little crazy to me, because I never once planned on owning my own business, but it’s changed my life in the best way. I will forever be grateful for what God’s done through Anchored Women, for our community and for my family.
I’ve learned a lot over the years – both the good and the bad of building an online business. I’ve spent more money on business courses than I care to admit. I’ve listened to experts, only to realize that I wasn’t cut out for the “business first” lifestyle. I’ve tried the hustling, the all-nighters, the insistence on making it happen…and for me, those strategies have only ever lead to burnout.
Over time, I realized that in order to build a life based on the things that mattered most, I had to learn how to do business differently.
I never wanted my greatest success to be online. I knew that God had called me FIRST to my family, and I didn’t want to miss out on the gift of the present for the possibility of a “successful” future.
I wanted a life anchored in the things that mattered most, and a business that allowed me to use my gifts to both help others and support my family in a realistic, restful way.
So, I built a different kind of business.
- I learned how to grow slow and steady, seeking the Lord first and strategy second.
- I learned how to find like-minded business-owners who valued the same things I did, (instead of experts who didn’t). And together we learned how to help each other grow in the right ways.
- I learned how to work in different seasons of my life, balancing my roles as wife, mom, daughter, and business owner by giving my time and energy to the things that season required.
- I learned (the hard way) how to lay down big business ideas in exchange for family priorities.On the flip side, I’ve also seen firsthand how God can take a tiny idea and turn it into something huge when I’m not even kind of expecting it.
- I learned (and I’m still learning) how to run a business anchored in Christ. One where I am able to fulfill my vocation to my family first, and then be able to encourage others in words and products.
And by the grace of God, running a business this way has allowed me to grow an income that has helped pull us out of debt, finally buy a house, and actually start dreaming about the future.
The blessing of this business has changed my life. Not only has it helped my own family, Anchored Women has given me the opportunity to encourage and equip women from all over the world, right from my own home.
If you want to do the same, I’d love to help you out.
For the first time, I’m offering a 6-week mentorship group for those who currently own or would like to develop a small online business.
I’d love to teach you how to do business differently – keeping your family and faith as your top priority, and then building a business that fits the life God’s already given you.
This business mentorship will give you:
- A private community group where you’ll be able to strategize about business, ask me questions, get real-time feedback, and build relationships with other like-minded small business owners.
- A peek behind-the-scenes into my business here at Anchored Women. I’ll show you exactly how I run the business, launch new products, handle customer service, and manage our membership. Plus anything else you’d like to know (business-wise). I’m an open book.
- A mentor who will be honest with you about faith, life, and business, and encourage you to keep the important things important. (It’s very easy to become consumed with work, and that is never a good place to be. If you let me, I’ll help keep you anchored in what matters.)
Here’s what we will cover:
Each week we’ll focus on a topic related to starting and growing an online business, and we’ll do this through an informal, weekly discussion inside our private community group (think: an info-packed live chat inside the group).
Let’s look at what each week will focus on:
- WEEK 1: Intro + Vision // I’ll spend a little time getting to know you and your business, and we’ll talk through what a business that fits your life actually looks like FOR YOU. For those already established, we’ll talk through your problem areas and how we can address those to fit your life better.
- WEEK 2: Business Foundations // We’ll get clear on your mission + your audience, so that you know who you are serving, and why. For those already established, we’ll revisit and refine these foundations to ensure you’re on track as we move forward.
- WEEK 3: Your Offer // We’ll talk about what type of offer (whether a product, service, or writing) best fits the business you want to build and the audience you want to serve. For those already established, we’ll look at your current offers and evaluate what’s doing well, what could be tweaked, and what needs to go.
- WEEK 4: The Essentials // We’ll discuss how to start and grow your email list, and begin making an income right away. For those already established, we’ll dive into new ways to increase email list growth, establish successful funnels, and navigate your current email + growth struggles.
- WEEK 5: Messaging + Marketing // We’ll cover different ways to market your offer without being slimy or fake, in a way that is genuinely focused on helping people + building trust with your audience. For those already established, we’ll brainstorm how to get your specific message out in ways you may not have considered.
- WEEK 6: Productivity + Time Management // We’ll talk project management systems, time management tips, and why this is vital for creating a successful business that fits into your life, instead of taking it over. For those already established, we’ll look at your current systems + how you’re spending your time, then analyze how we can improve in focus, productivity, and delegation.
If this new mentorship group sounds like something you want to take part in, I’d love to invite you to apply using the link below.
If this is something that you have absolutely no interest in, that’s totally fine, too! Nothing here at Anchored Women is changing – this is just something new I’m offering in addition to what we’re already doing.
A few FAQ’s you might have…
Q // How many people will be in the group?
A // I’ll be opening up 20-25 spots for this group on a first come, first served basis. I want to be able to keep the group small enough that I’m able to really get to know you and your business.
Q // Will you offer this again?
A // I’m treating this mentorship group as a trial group, to see how it works for both the group and for my family. I’m really excited about this, but for now I’m offering one 6-week mentorship. If you’re interested, make sure you apply now.
Q // How much will the mentorship cost?
A // The cost to participate in this 6-week group will be a one-time payment of $249, or two payments of $149. (You can choose between the two payment plans.) These are introductory prices that will apply only to this first group. If I offer this again, the price will increase.
Q // When will the group begin?
A // Applications will close March 1st, and you’ll be notified if you’ve been accepted by March 4th. You’ll have 10 days to complete the registration process, and we’ll officially begin on March 14th. The program will run March 14th – April 29th, with a break the week of April 11th to celebrate Easter.
Q // Why are you taking applications instead of just opening this up to everyone?
A // I want the chance to get to know you and your business a bit through your application so that I can be confident that I’m the right fit for you as a mentor. There are MANY different paths you can take as an entreprenuer, and not every business will be a good fit for this mentorship. I want to be sure that I can help you and your business succeed!
If you want to grow your business without the hustle and WITH a solid strategy (I definitely wish I knew then what I know now!!), please apply at the button below. It’s a quick application but it will help me learn a little more about you and your business (whether or not you already have one!). Applications will close March 1st.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected]. I’ll be in the inbox today and will get back to you ASAP.
I’m so excited about this – about sharing all I’ve learned over the years and especially for the chance to work with some of you in a closer way. I cannot wait to read through your applications!
P.S. If you’re not interested in a business mentorship, but you know a friend who might be, feel free to forward this email on to her!
Kayse Pratt serves Christian women as a writer + designer, creating home + life management resources that help those women plan their days around what matters most. She’s created the most unique planner on the market, helped over 400 women create custom home management plans, and works with hundreds of women each month inside her membership, teaching them how to plan their days around what matters most. When she’s not designing printables or writing essays, you’ll find Kayse homeschooling her kids, reading a cheesy novel with a giant cup of tea in hand, or watching an old show from the 90’s with her husband, who is her very best friend.